Aside from attending school in Boston and Maine, Charles also worked closely with a number of Piano Technicians in the New England area, assisting in-shop in various capacities and supplementing his education with further advanced hands-on training in the field. He brings a finely honed knowledge of craft and a passion for learning to the field of Piano Technology, and he is dedicated to servicing your piano with professionalism and high quality workmanship.
Charles is an active member in the Piano Technician’s Guild, the world’s premiere source of expertise in piano service and technology. The PTG grants the Registered Piano Technician credential after a series of rigorous exams that test skills in aural tuning, action regulation, and repair. As an RPT, Charles has committed himself to a strict code of ethics and participates in on-going education, in line with the Piano Technician’s Guild Code of Ethics:
- I will act honorably and in a professional manner.
- I will render the best possible service under the circumstances, always keeping the best interests of my client in mind.
- I will engage only in fair trade practices in the knowledge that I am reflecting the honesty and integrity for which the Piano Technicians Guild stands.
- I will use the name and trademarks of the Piano Technicians Guild properly and will encourage others to do the same.
- I will strive to upgrade my professional skills and I will encourage and help others to do the same.
- I will promote, in any way that I can, good will toward my profession and toward the music industry.